For those of you that the don't know, Chris got a C PAP machine in December of 2012. He used it when he first got it but like any new toy he got bored with it and stopped using it. About a week or so ago he started using it again.
It's disturbing. He's got a trunk just like an elephant. It sounds pretty much like a white noise machine until he starts to breathe. And God forbid if he starts to snore.
How to explain the sound? This is what I want you to do, pinch your nose shut with your index finger and thumb. Now open your mouth and try to snore. Add a constant hissing sound and you've come close.
So last night he fell asleep before I did. I listened to that God awful sound for about an hour before I feel asleep with my pillow over my head. Around 3:30 I woke up from a dead sleep to hear the sound I described only worse because he was laying on his back. To make it worse, the condensation in the tubing was making a loud gurgling sound every time he inhaled or exhaled. I nudged him. I shoved him. I kicked at him. Hell, I even snapped the straps on his face that hold the mask in place. Nothing. He finally stopped. I turned over, facing his side of the bed, got comfortable, and started to drift off.
Then, he rolled on to his side. Facing me. And not only did the snoring resume, but this time I could hear the snoring, I could feel the snoring, and I could smell the snoring. Apparently there is a small hole at the end of the mask, so when he rolled over this hole was aimed right at my face and with his mouth open the sink breath was just riding the waves of air from the mask.
I rolled over again and fell asleep wondering when Monster was going to be joining me for his usual "Mommy I had a really bad dream" snuggle. Luckily the next thing to wake me was the alarm clock.
No comments:
Post a Comment