Tuesday, July 9, 2013

promised pictures

Okay, I know its been awhile, but here are the long awaited pictures of the kitchen renovation. We started at the end of April beginning of May, it is now July 9th, and my kitchen still isn't finished. Now I can't say that it's f due to a lack of us working the problem is we are still working our day jobs. The friend that is helping with the electrical kept getting sent to Michigan. The friend that loaned us the tools and help at the beginning has seemed to disappear into thin air. So we're going at this alone but the good news is we've got walls framed electric lines run, plumbing lines run, gas line moved, a window covered and one of the sheets of drywall up on the ceiling.

So here are some pictures.




These are all the same wall. 

Part of the kitchen renovation was to tear down the shaky porch of doom.   Well that meant getting rid of the stairs that Joe helped build all those years ago with Chris.   But Bear got to help build the new ones.   And what's a project (or blog post) without a good Bearism?  So Chris is trying to attach the post to the bottom stair and has Bear holding it steady.   It's wobbling all over the place so Chris says "Bear, you have to hold this still! Stop moving!"  "Daddy, I'm trying,  but the earth is spinning and constantly moving in orbit around the sun."  We love Bear! 



Old stairs


In knitting news I've been busy!   So far this year I've finished a 6 foot shawl, 2 pairs of socks,  a sweater for Chris, a sweater for Monster,  a shawl for myself, a baby sweater, and a cowl for a friend.   









No comments: