There's to much shit going on in my house to even call this mother's day. All my mom friends on Facebook are going on about all the great things they did today or had done for them. I was up and out of bed before 8:00 to take the dog out (Ed took him out before me, but put him back in the kennel, so he was whining and baking to get out). Why was I, Mom, woman for whom this day Hallmark created, up before 8 a.m.? Because darling husband has yet another sinus infection. He's had it for 7 days. Yes an entire week and he finally decides today that he should call the doctor tomorrow.
Now, I can't make this entire post a bitchy poor me pitty post. There's been tons going on around here. We've torn of the shaky porch of doom, gotten a dog, and demolished our kitchen to cinder block and studs. I don't even want to get into how sucky pulling up 12 gazillion layers of floor is. Cabinets have been ordered and will arrive on Tuesday. Appliances will arrive on Thursday as will the durock, drywall, floor tile, and back splash tile.
Back to bitching. Up before 8:00 a.m. Got fantastic gifts, still haven't had any coffee yet. Went tile shopping (at my request, a request I almost regret) with the aforementioned darling husband, who is now being pathetic on the couch next to me instead of in bed where I told him to go an hour ago. I have yet to eat dinner. I haven't knit a stitch all day and I need to walk the dog in 45 minutes so I can get to bed before 1 a.m. for the first time in 3 days. Do I: a) say I have enough leftover baby weight that I can afford to skip dinner tonight and knit. b) heat up the ridiculously yummy leftover authentic ramen I had for dinner last night and actually have a mother's day in the books without me knitting. or c) finish the bag of dark chocolate covered pomegranate that hubby gave me and try to knit.
Stay tuned. I'll post kitchen pictures and the answer to my "to knit or not to knit" quandary tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment