Today Chris and I have been married for 8 years, and I have been trying to remember what the gift should be for this year. This is what we have so far.....
Year 1: Joey was 6 months old so.... new baby.
Year 2: Chris's coat got stuck on the turn signal arm of the Civic and it broke off = $240 repair.
Year 3: I took Chris to dinner and was pregnant with Deaglan
Year 4: I think I got a well written card.
Year 5: Same as year 4.
Year 6: Same as year 5.
Year 7: Chris and the boys sent me a dozen purple roses. It was very sweet.
Year 8: Friday the 6th the garage door decided to jump the track and buckle, so it needs to be replaced. ($500 if we do it ourselves). When I told Chris that he was buying me a gift this year he said "I am a new garage door". I said "no, this isn't a repair gift year". I told him I wanted a mother's ring and he said OK. Last night the Civic finally drew what we think to be it's last breath. So guess what I'm getting for Valentine's day/our anniversary? Yep another vehicle repair.
So for year 9 I take him to dinner again, years 10,11,&12 I get a nice card, year 13 I get roses and another repair for year 14. I'm starting to dread our anniversary it's way to expensive every sixth year.
Edit: OK, so he's the best husband in the world. The boys made me breakfast in bed, and went to the bakery and bought me a cake.
They have made a new holiday just for me, Valliversary. We went to a play last night and then out to dinner. When we were leaving the boys just kept saying "Happy Valliversary Mommy!" He showed me the cake when we got home and I wanted to cry. As expensive as the repairs are that seem to haunt our "Valliversary", I wouldn't trade him for the richest man in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment