Thursday, January 1, 2009

Whew..... It's over.

The Holidays have come and gone. So much has happened and in Bear's (Deaglan) case so much has been said. Let's start with the Sunday before Christmas. We were lucky enough for Chris's brother Manuel and his family to be with us from Italy for Christmas. We had dinner at my brother-in-law's house with his family that evening. As we were getting ready to leave, I put Bear's hat on his head. He looked at me, kind of rolled his eyes and yelled "You'll never catch me alive!" and ran away from me.


Christmas Eve is all mine. About 2 weeks ago (when we had that bad snow) I got the van stuck in the alley to the garage. Our alley makes a T. There's an alley that goes past our garage door and another one that intersects the first almost in front of our garage door. I got stuck in the trunk of the T right at the bottom. A kind man walking his dog and a neighbor helped get me out. Well, Christmas Eve, we went to Grandma's for dinner and presents. Ricky started running a temperature and wasn't feeling well, so I called Ed and asked if he would watch him. I left Joe and Bear at Gram's and took Ricky home. I took his temperature, gave him some Motrin, and a nebulizer treatment. I kissed his head and left. I pulled out of the garage and decided to go down the trunk of the T. Big mistake. I got stuck a quarter of the way down the alley. Chris was supposed to meet us at Gram's after work. So I called him and he and Ed unstuck the van. Chris looked at me and told me that I was lucky I'm cute because he'd have left me to the wolves years ago.




Bear learned that music gets the girls. He found this guitar and wouldn't stop "playing" it.

Christmas Day we bounced all over. We opened presents from Santa at home. The family got a Wii. Let me tell you, there is nothing funnier than watching Bear play any driving game! Then we went to my parent's house to open presents. Then we went to Chris's brother's house for dinner.


Ricky was finally kicked out of the crib a few weeks ago. He loves sleeping in his bed, well sort of. He likes the freedom of being able to choose what bed to sleep in. His favorite is Bear's. Unfortunately, when he moved into the big boy bed, he decided he's not a baby anymore and is spurning his blankie, he's kept his pacifier and puppy but blankie is a no go. (sorry Auntie Mia). Here's his empty bed.


And the blankets he had to take with him to Bear's bed. Don't they look sooooo cute?! He does occasionally sleep in his own bed too.

No comments: