Monday, December 15, 2008

Is that from the Old Testament?

I start work at 6:30 on Monday and Friday mornings, so Chris and Ed take turns bringing the boys to school. Fridays are usually Ed's day. Driving to school this past Friday, the boys saw a VW microbus.

Joey: Gunga how old is that car?
Ed: Probably as old as me.
Joey: (pause) Is that from the Old Testament?

So Ed called me and told me after he dropped the kids off at school. Knowing how much my sister Jamie would get a kick out of it, I called her to tell her. She then started a text conversation with Ed.

Jamie: I don't remember reading about the Great Gunga in the Bible.
Ed: It's in the book of Sullivan
Jamie: I must have missed that one.

So I called him Methuselah all weekend. But, it doesn't end there. Joey was not Ed's favorite kid this weekend. Joe spent the night at Jamie's house on Saturday. They went to Taco Bell for dinner and when they were getting ready to order Jamie called me to tell me what Joey wanted to eat.

Jamie: Joey what do you want to eat?
Joey: 10 tacos please.
Jamie: Joey I don't think you can eat that many.
Joey: I ate 97 pieces of pizza once and another time I ate 10 tacos.
Jamie: Sweetheart, Uncle John weighs like 4 times more than you and he can't eat that much.
Joey: Well, Gunga weighs like 300 pounds.

So when I told Ed, he said "Great so not I'm not just old, I'm fat and old. Just call me Homer". In Joey's defense, I think he was trying to defend Ed's honor, the bigger the number the better the man, right?

No comments: