I passed my COM 101 class with a B.
I almost bit off more than I could chew this summer. I took CHM 111 (basic chemistry) and COM 102.
I spent my summer writing and doing chemistry experiments at my kitchen table. Yes, you read that right, chemistry experiments at my kitchen table. See I had the brilliant idea to take COM and CHM online. I had a chemistry kit in a box. It came complete with a sterno fuel can for my heat source, tiny test tubes, little 50mL beakers, vinyl gloves and safety goggles. I have to admit it was pretty bad ass. The downside was that it was only a 7 week class. So I was ALWAYS doing chemistry homework. But thanks to Megan and Tyler (a youtube chemistry GOD) I passed the class with a solid A.
I know I bitched about my COM 101 class (and rightly so) but my COM 102 class was awesome! I took it online as well and worked my ass off but the professor was amazing. She was quick to answer my questions and gave me great advice and insight on my writing. I am taking LIT 226 with her Fall of next year. Not only did she help me with my writing, she proofed a speech for me even though I wasn't in her class any longer.
Yeah.... that speech. I was awarded a scholarship and the Moraine Foundation asked if I would tell my story as basically the keynote speaker for the award reception. I was so nervous, but Chris posted it to facebook and said that I rocked it. They also asked if I would answer a few questions and say thank you to the donors in a short video interview. My dumb ass said sure. That video is on youtube (you can watch it here) and I hope it helps the foundation get more money for students that need it.
I'm taking CHM 131, MTH 096, and HUM 101 this semester and I'm getting straight A's. I've picked my classes for next semester and I'm just waiting for my registration date.
My goal is to keep my GPA as high as possible so that when I apply to UIC College of Nursing they have to accept me.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment